Any issues reported with 2024 Release (Banana?)

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
buckyswider

Any issues reported with 2024 Release (Banana?)

Post by buckyswider »

Hi there, not sure if this is just a coincidence, but I just installed the new version and had a few problems last night during a live session :(

#1- About 45 minutes after starting the ZOOM session using Banana, my PC just froze hard. Had to hard reboot. At this point, I didn't even suspect Voicemeeter at all.

About 20 minutes after that reboot, remote users reported loss of audio. It appeared as if Voicemeeter Bus B1 was no longer routing output to ZOOM. I did the Zoom audio check and confirmed this. In desperation, I closed and restarted Voicemeeter. Without touching any other setting, everything worked fine after restarting voicemeeter. I was surprised- I thought when voicemeeter was closed it would remove all of the virtual IO devices and the zoom settings would go back to the defaults, but that didn't happen.

Setup is Windows 10. In-person meeting (~40 persons) with three microphones mixed down into Banana and then into the Zoom session. I eventually deciphered the French youttube video to get all the setting proper regarding the default communications devices in the windows sound settings :).

Is the prior version available for download somewhere? I'm wondering if I should rollback for the time being to see if there's any bug fixes necessary with the new version.

Thanks!
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: Any issues reported with 2024 Release (Banana?)

Post by Vincent Burel »

Voicemeeter Banana 2.1.1.1 is considered as the most stable version and your problem has never been reported.

But if you get a service interruption, it can be due to only one thing: your device selected as output A1 stop working. And if the Voicemeeter main device stop running, all other stream will be stopped. You may try the internal clock as output A1 (select nothing as output A1) to check if you got the same problem.
buckyswider

Post by buckyswider »

Hi Vincent, thanks for the reply! But I don't think the device connected to A1 is the culprit. When B1 stopped functioning, I did the ZOOM device test. Microphones worked fine (they are the banana input devices) and played back on A1 like a normal test. And without any other changes being made hardware or software, closing and restarting Voicemeeter fixed the issue. Are there any system logs I can look at to troubleshoot?
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

maybe there is a timer on zoom side, this is a problem i've never heard about.
(maybe someone got this problem and could help ?).