Equalizer APO with Matrix

VB-Audio Matrix, Virtual Audio Router Application for Windows (Discussion and Support).
Cogy

Equalizer APO with Matrix

Post by Cogy »

Hello all,

I'm a Voicemeeter Banana user with Equalizer APO used as a crossover for my active system. The connected ASIO DAC on Voicemeeter is an Okto dac8pro allows me to use the 8 channels for stereo active 3 ways loudspeakers plus 2 subwoofers.

For the future, I wanted to increase the number of channels. Pro audio interfaces with more outputs are existing (Audient Aria or Antelope Orion 32+ for example) and VB-Audio Matrix seems better than Voicemeeter to handle these extra channels number. Equalizer APO seems able to handle also unlimited (quite) number of channels, is it the case ?

Is Matrix allowing patch of Equalizer APO as Voicemeeter ?
Cogy

Re: Equalizer APO with Matrix

Post by Cogy »

Hello all,

My topic seems not interesting so much people ;)

Nevertheless, by searching by myself I think interesting to share some findings.

One of the VB-Audio Matrix limitation could be the limited max 8 channels per VAIO. It means Apple Music for example can not output Dolby Atmos in correct complete way (9.1.6) if routed to Matrix. The number of channels for the virtual IN shall be strictly 16. Is a new version of Matrix could integrate configurable VAIO up to 16 channels (or maybe more) ?

Instead of Equalizer APO which is nice but seems can't be plugged directly on Matrix ASIO device patch as in Voicemeeter, I've find a very promising SW which is Hang Loose Convolver (HLC). It can be a VST Host linkable with Matrix or used in stand alone mode. It can be also only a plugin. It is multi plateform. See their website. Very powerfull.
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: Equalizer APO with Matrix

Post by Vincent Burel »

maybe it's more a question for Equalizer APO forum.
we are about to update VB-CABLE and currently studying the possibility to provide 16 channels instead of 8.... will see.