Engaging Voicemeeter, Hear High Pitched Whine

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
acb0250

Engaging Voicemeeter, Hear High Pitched Whine

Post by acb0250 »

So to give a bit of a background as to what is happening. Whenever I turn on and actively use Voicemeeter (only through Discord) people that hear me can actively hear a high-pitched whine whenever I talk or make an noise. At first I thought it might be my Blue Yeti losing a channel when I began looking up the issue, but when I swap to just Vanilla mic and no Voicemeeter the high-pitched whine disappears. I do have an arm mount attached to the desk I play on, but did not think that was the issue as without Voicemeeter the whine is gone but when I turn on Voicemeeter it returns. If anyone has any ideas what might be causing it or needs more info I can provide I'll get right on it.
Attachments
Recording.png
Recording.png (27.53 KiB) Viewed 12026 times
Settings
Settings
Discord.png (31 KiB) Viewed 12026 times
Settings
Settings
Voicemeeter.png (138.74 KiB) Viewed 12026 times
brickviking

Re: Engaging Voicemeeter, Hear High Pitched Whine

Post by brickviking »

Try disabling the unused inputs (Input 3 and VoiceMeeter Aux) and the usused outputs (A2/3, B2) and see whether it goes away. I'm just hanging out on a limb here. I also note you have an equaliser enabled on B1 and B2. If toggling that makes the whine go away for Discord listeners, I'd look at how that is set up.

If none of that works, I'm fairly sure that Vincent will have some more suggestions, such as the usual making sure your Blue Yeti samplerate, Cable samplerate and VoiceMeeter Banana samplerate agree.

(Post 30)
acb0250

Post by acb0250 »

So I've done all that and I still get the whine, I'm not sure what it could be. The whine disappears whenever I turn off Voicemeeter but I enjoy the program because of the functionality behind it.
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

Automatic input sensibility can be a problem i guess.