Creative ASIO gives "warnings" in VM Banana vs. ASIO4All

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
dizM0nkey

Creative ASIO gives "warnings" in VM Banana vs. ASIO4All

Post by dizM0nkey »

I'm new to VM Banana and think I almost have my configuration setup... I get a weird red warning with my VAIO and VAIO AUX inputs when using Creative ASIO (with my Sound Blaster Z) and not sure what they mean:

I have ASIO4ALL installed, as well, and don't get this warning:

Should I be concerned about the Creative ASIO "warnings" for my virtual inputs? What do they mean?

Is there any determent to using Creative ASIO vs. ASIO4ALL? I've read on the internet that Creative ASIO drivers are terrible, but that dedicated ASIO drivers are better than ASIO4ALL wrappers.
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: Creative ASIO gives "warnings" in VM Banana vs. ASIO4All

Post by Vincent Burel »

your main stream is 48 kHZ with a buffer size of 2400 samples !!! very big buffer size for real time audio!
Voicemeeter is intended to work correct with buffer size between 128 and 1024 samples.
You may configure your Creative ASIO device to work with smaller buffer.
dizM0nkey

Post by dizM0nkey »

Vincent Burel wrote:your main stream is 48 kHZ with a buffer size of 2400 samples !!! very big buffer size for real time audio!
Voicemeeter is intended to work correct with buffer size between 128 and 1024 samples.
You may configure your Creative ASIO device to work with smaller buffer.
Thank you... I was able to reduce the buffer size of Creative ASIO via the Latency in MS... I think I'm able to get it down to 96 samples (though may require more testing)

I appreciate the help!
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

96 samples is a bit too small and can prevent some Voicemeeter features to work correct (e.g. virtual I/O and virtual ASIO can not be able to synchronize to such small latency). we recommend 256 samples at 48 kHz (128 requires to be validated - mean you may check that all work ok).