Voicemeeter Banana 2.0.4.1 now freezes when I disconnect headphones from laptop.

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
Killy

Voicemeeter Banana 2.0.4.1 now freezes when I disconnect headphones from laptop.

Post by Killy »

In my laptop audio settings I'm using internal and external channels separately:
rhdaie.png
rhdaie.png (98.28 KiB) Viewed 9942 times
In Voicemeeter Banana I assign them to A1 and A2.
The issue is, Realtek drivers remove the sound device for headphones once they are disconnected.
Voicemeeter isn't really happy about this, but prior to the last update it didn't freeze at least.
Now, after I disconnect the headphones, there is no sound until I kill Voicemeeter in the Task Manager and start again.
Killy

Re: Voicemeeter Banana 2.0.4.1 now freezes when I disconnect headphones from laptop.

Post by Killy »

The issue seems to be vanished after updating Windows to 1803. Can't reproduce now.

The update might be ended not without other issues though.
Seems like I might need to reinstall VB Audio Cables - all the interfaces are visible in Voicemeeter, but only on KS interfaces sound is present.
Killy

Re: Voicemeeter Banana 2.0.4.1 now freezes when I disconnect headphones from laptop.

Post by Killy »

After some time the issue appeared again.
Voicemeeter Banana 2.0.4.1 freezes on headphones disconnect.
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

pending on your audio configuration too:
1- your hedphone cannot be selected on output A1 (main stream) , otherwise the audio engine will be stopped if you disconnect the output A1 device.
2- check your microphone is not selected as MME device if you use USB device.
(more info about this problem here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=430&p=912
Killy

Post by Killy »

1) headphones on A2.
2) Anything I mount with WDM has crackling noises btw. Now I need a solution for that issue.

UPD: there was missing check for exclusive mode (device properties > advanced > exclusive mode) on speakers device (what A1 is assigned to. Main output in Windows settings is Voicemeeter VAIO). Adding that significantly reduced crackling, but it still happens every second or so.
Crackling seems to happen only on speakers (A1).

Switched A1 to MME speakers. In combination with A2 on WDM headphones this works for me now.