Voicemeeter Potato Preliminary Beta version

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
intz111

Re: Voicemeeter Potato Preliminary Beta version

Post by intz111 »

Great piece of software! I have noticed 2 major bugs during my use that are somewhat annoying. Although they don't interfere with audio side of things, I think it would be nice if these bugs would be fixed in the future releases.

1. The Voicemeeter window seems to overlay the entire desktop, making everything in the background unusable.
Red is the area Voicemeeter takes up, although the graphical bit is quite smaller. This makes the whole red area unclickable.
Blue is Voicemeeters taskbar, i can drag the app with it, even when i click outside of the Voicemeeter GUI.
Green/Yellow is where i can click and interact with desktop or other apps.

2. Voicemeeter maximizes itself from minimized state every 6 hours, sometimes minimizing other full screen apps(games) as a result or overlaying
other windowed apps(chrome etc).
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

thanks to all for your feedback (positive or negative ! :-) )

about the last message:

1- i never heard about this problem, and for the moment i don't see a way to reproduce it.
2- it's a half bug in fact, after 30 days period, Voicemeeter potato should display the About box (every 6 hours) to invite you to activate your license... and can oblige you to wait some second before continuing to stream. What you say is that you don't see the about box ? or what ?
intz111

Post by intz111 »

1. I just found out this problem only occurs when running dual monitor setup. It's very specific though. My 2nd monitor is essentially my
GPU->Receiver->Projector (projector is off most of the time, but 2nd desktop is still active). Every time i turn off my main monitor, the issue
with Voicemeeter overlaying everything occurs. I guess turning off my main monitor is switching primary monitors, causing this issue. Running only
1 monitor and turning that off/on causes no issues.

2. Correct, I don't see any box. It just maximizes the program.
gh0stless

Post by gh0stless »

I am unable to open the Virtual Potato Insert driver in VSTHost 1.56. The selection is ignored. Does somebody has any idea?
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

the Vritual potato ASIO insert is 34 channels (check that it is not a problem for VST Host to have this number of I/O).
DOCa Cola

Post by DOCa Cola »

Vincent Burel wrote:thanks to all for your feedback (positive or negative ! :-) )

about the last message:

1- i never heard about this problem, and for the moment i don't see a way to reproduce it.
2- it's a half bug in fact, after 30 days period, Voicemeeter potato should display the About box (every 6 hours) to invite you to activate your license... and can oblige you to wait some second before continuing to stream. What you say is that you don't see the about box ? or what ?
I just experienced this issue as well. I installed Potato a few days ago. I have running Potato in the background (tray bar mode) and the window came up for no reason. I had Banana installed previously.

Another thing i have an issue is with the tray bar (run at startup) option directly. Previously with Banana on Windows startup, Voicemeeter would minimize itself automatically. This doesn't seem to be the case anymore with Potato. When Windows starts, i now have to manually minimize the Voicemeeter window every time.
JBP

Post by JBP »

DOCa Cola wrote:I just experienced this issue as well.… I have running Potato in the background (tray bar mode) and the window came up for no reason. I had Banana installed previously.
I have the impression that it pops up every 3 hours combined with a restart of the audio engine.
Every 3 hours?
Or every 6 hours?
I am not sure, because I don't care (I do not stream).
intz111

Post by intz111 »

For me the About box also started popping up a while ago. Windows states that the Voicemeeter folder was last modified 14th November.
So I guess that before 30 days was over, it just maximized the program without the About box but after 30 days it also includes it?
DOCa Cola

Post by DOCa Cola »

It wouldn't bother me much if it didn't cause me to crash a helicopter into the ground during a Battlefield game. May i suggest to just stop the audio engine instead of bringing the main window to focus? That should be way less disruptive than taking someone out of whatever he/she is currently doing. Since i am currently not even close to the end of the 30 day period i didn't even know why this kept happening until i found this thread here.
JBP

Post by JBP »

I don't have a stopwatch, but for me the interval is definetly shorter than 6 hours. It is like I leave the house for some hours (3 +/-) and when I return Potato greets me. :? :roll: