Output device is always active

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
subtec

Output device is always active

Post by subtec »

Voicemeeter appears to keep the output device active regardless of whether any audio is playing, and I'm wondering if there's any way to make it so the device can go into standby (as is the typical behavior in Windows). I'm using Bluetooth headphones via a USB adapter, and keeping the connection always active depletes the battery faster than allowing it to go into standby.
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: Output device is always active

Post by Vincent Burel »

yes, you may select a regular device as output A1 and your bluetooth device as output A2 or A3 to be able to deselect it when you don't use it. you can even create a shortcut for that with Macro Buttons to select or unselect your bluetooth device on output A2 or A3.
subtec

Post by subtec »

Of course I can always disable it manually, but that's inconvenient.

Normally (no Voicemeeter) when audio stops the headphones will go into standby after a few seconds, and when audio starts again they'll take a couple of seconds to come back on. In contrast, when running them through Voicemeeter they never go into standby, which will run down the battery much faster if I don't disable it manually.

Is there some fix for Voicemeeter to allow devices to go into standby automatically?
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

no, the standby mode is normally not existing in the DSP world.
but i note you request, we will think about a possible option to stop audio stream on given device when there no sound...
subtec

Post by subtec »

Thanks, I appreciate that. I'm sure others will as well, especially since wireless headphones are starting to become more popular.