VMB and ASIO4All

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
BluGenes

VMB and ASIO4All

Post by BluGenes »

Hi..

I am using ASIO4All and have that correctly configured on A1..

I am trying to use screen capture software for recording and I have Voicemeeter Banana configured correctly.. (or do I?) My problem is that VMB enables VB-Audio VoiceMeeter AUX VAIO in ASIO4ALL and keeps it enabled. Meaning, if I un-click it (VB AUX), then minimize ASIO4ALL, then select it again, it shows that it is enabled.

If I set the recording software to use the VB-Audio Voicemeeter VAIO I get echo on playback of the recording.. ( It recorded the echo). If I disable AUX in ASIO4all and close it, VBM re-enables it. So, I can't select that in my screen capture software. If I disable AUX in ASi4ALL but, don't minimize it, I then can select it in my screen capture, but, then it doesn't use the default samples and I get static.

I need to be able to screen cap browser based video and audio using whatever is set as the default audio device in Windows 10 AND be able to use ASIO for music production.

If you need screen shots, I need to know what screens you need to see..
BluGenes

Re: VMB and ASIO4All

Post by BluGenes »

Ok, I fixed the problem.. In the screen capture software, there was a option to use the microphone, which was on by default. By disabling that, it no longer echos. (The software is Corel Video Studio 2018). It uses whatever is set to default in Windows for system and line in or mic...

VMB still forces ASIO4ALL to turn on the AUX input.. Why would that be?
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

well, normally you don't need ASIO4ALL, Voicemeeter must be conected directly to devices...
BluGenes

Post by BluGenes »

Yes, I am seeing that now.. however, I need it for VST playback in my DAW, (I think..) I would prefer not using it at all. I may end up just getting a real sound card that supports or has ASIO built in..
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

The best way to use Voicemeeter as a mixing console for DAW is to connect it to Voicemeeter Insert ASIO driver... Then you get access to all pre-fader inputs and you can record / process / playback like Voicemeeter was a part of your DAW: https://youtu.be/pDi0Tn2QxXE
BluGenes

Post by BluGenes »

Vincent Burel wrote:The best way to use Voicemeeter as a mixing console for DAW is to connect it to Voicemeeter Insert ASIO driver... Then you get access to all pre-fader inputs and you can record / process / playback like Voicemeeter was a part of your DAW: https://youtu.be/pDi0Tn2QxXE
I watched that video, and it helps, but, he is using MME and ASIO and using VST's for his MIC. I am not doing that..

I have Voicemeeter ASIO in my DAW (Reaper). I have it working now. Works great too. Everything that is ASIO is handled through ASIO4ALL then routed through VoiceMeeter and sent correctly to the DAW, speakers, headphones etc.

However, my setup seems to be different and I have not seen anyone with a similar setup. I use a guitar amp that has USB connected to my PC and I have a Focusrite Solo connected to USB to the PC. I am not using the Focusrite ASIO driver as ASIO4ALL handles it. But, it seems I can only use one at a time. (Focusrite and the AMP show up in ASIO4ALL, ASIO4ALL is connected to A1 in Voicemeeter) It would be nice to be able to use both at the same time, but, not really a big issue. Right now, my only need for a mic is for voice over on videos I occasionally make. (I am not sure how to split ASIO4ALL if I select both)

I probably would need to show either through a video or screen shots what I talking about, but, can't due to time at the moment.. Being able to record guitar was the priority and that works, so, maybe I can get that at a later date.. thanks..
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

do not change anything if it works for you, but normally ASIO4ALL is not needed.