Voicemeeter Banana Randomly crashes in the background

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
markaabo

Voicemeeter Banana Randomly crashes in the background

Post by markaabo »

My voicemeeter banana crashes some times without notice, it happens minimum once a day, i don't know why. Im using version 2.0.4.7

Also i have never could get voicemeeter banana to startup with windows, it never starts i always have to do it manually

My pc:
Windows 10 64bit
CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K
GPU: Asus Strix GTX1080-OC
RAM: 8gb Gskill F4-2400C15D-8GRR
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: Voicemeeter Banana Randomly crashes in the background

Post by Vincent Burel »

to set Voicemeeter in windows Startup , go in menu -> System Tray (uncheck + recheck).

there is only one case of crash with Voicemeeter and it is described here:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=430&p=912

to get more help you have to explain what do you mean by "crash"
is Voicemeeter not responding ? or can you restart audio engine (menu) ?
Could you post screenshot of Voicemeeter System Settings Dialog box to let us see if you change sensitive parameters ?
markaabo

Post by markaabo »

Vincent Burel wrote:to set Voicemeeter in windows Startup , go in menu -> System Tray (uncheck + recheck).

there is only one case of crash with Voicemeeter and it is described here:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=430&p=912

to get more help you have to explain what do you mean by "crash"
is Voicemeeter not responding ? or can you restart audio engine (menu) ?
Could you post screenshot of Voicemeeter System Settings Dialog box to let us see if you change sensitive parameters ?
i have already tried to do the system tray option it doesn't work, it never opens on startup, i had to make a windows scheduled task to force it to open with windows

I mean crash as the program completely crashes = closes completely nothing freezing or not responding it straight up just closes

Here's a screenshot: https://ibb.co/jzBnkst
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

never heard about this problem. don't understand your crash, without notified event producing this crash.

you may consider deleting the default config file of Voicemeeter (possibly corrupted).

1) Save your settings in a file (optionnaly)
2) Shutdown Voicemeeter
3) DELETE the VoicemeeterDefault.xml in all c:\Users\username\appdata\roaming directory
4) Restart Voicemeeter
5) remake your configuration from scratch or reload the stored settings file.
markaabo

Post by markaabo »

Vincent Burel wrote:never heard about this problem. don't understand your crash, without notified event producing this crash.

you may consider deleting the default config file of Voicemeeter (possibly corrupted).

1) Save your settings in a file (optionnaly)
2) Shutdown Voicemeeter
3) DELETE the VoicemeeterDefault.xml in all c:\Users\username\appdata\roaming directory
4) Restart Voicemeeter
5) remake your configuration from scratch or reload the stored settings file.
Tried it, didnt work its still crashing in the background, i have tried to notice when its crashing but it doesnt matter what im doing on my pc or what programs are open, still crashes
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

ok, without more information, i cannot help more.
we have no crash report regarding Voicemeeter.

You may reconfigure Voicemeeter from scratch, and validate each step to find out what is producting this crash
(if it's a crash, because you have no windows message, so it's possibly not a crash but a freeze ? and the only freeze case is explained there: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=430&p=912

From Scratch STEP BY STEP:
0- Set Voicemeeter input as default playback device.
1- first select your output A1 device... and test it during a signgificant period to check if it crashes...
2- select your microphone and and test it during a signgificant period to check if it crashes...
...until finding the step producing the problem...
markaabo

Post by markaabo »

Vincent Burel wrote:ok, without more information, i cannot help more.
we have no crash report regarding Voicemeeter.

You may reconfigure Voicemeeter from scratch, and validate each step to find out what is producting this crash
(if it's a crash, because you have no windows message, so it's possibly not a crash but a freeze ? and the only freeze case is explained there: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=430&p=912

From Scratch STEP BY STEP:
0- Set Voicemeeter input as default playback device.
1- first select your output A1 device... and test it during a signgificant period to check if it crashes...
2- select your microphone and and test it during a signgificant period to check if it crashes...
...until finding the step producing the problem...
Okay i have tried some things now, but nothing changed, tried completely reinstalling my Voicemeeter and all my audio drivers, tried from scratch with Litarally no settings changed from default install still crashed, even with nothing touched in voicemeeter so no audio going thru voicemeeter AT ALL it still crashes after some random amount of time.

There must be a way to create a crash log?, its programming 101 to have a way to know how a program crashed or stopped
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

difficult if there is not message from Windows...

Could you post a screenshot of your Voicemeter and its system settings dialog box, because we have no report about your problem,... So maybe it's an audio configuration problem, like audio device conflict (audio device used on different point with different interface), or a feedback loop... let me see...
markaabo

Post by markaabo »

Vincent Burel wrote:difficult if there is not message from Windows...

Could you post a screenshot of your Voicemeter and its system settings dialog box, because we have no report about your problem,... So maybe it's an audio configuration problem, like audio device conflict (audio device used on different point with different interface), or a feedback loop... let me see...
Here's a screenshot of my vm and virtual audio drivers settings

Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

if you use other virtual cable than VB-Audio Cable, we cannot help...