question how potato sel button works

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
iurirolho

question how potato sel button works

Post by iurirolho »

how do you properly use that feature on the select button, i get a gist but not sure how to fully use it, atm i use it to filter things I don't want to come to an audio output lane lets call it that, so if I select and put a value what happens to the value put while in select I wonder, can somebody go into details how select function works so I can better understand it
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: question how potato sel button works

Post by Vincent Burel »

SEL BUTTON works as a BUS selector to apply Strip GAIN.
you can push several SEL button if you want to set Strip Gain for several GAIN in the same time.
ALL SEL button pushed = no SEL button pushed = all BUS selected when changing Strip Gain.

if you SELECT several BUS: Strip Gain will display max value of the different MIX. example
if your STRIP(0).gain =-20 for BUS A1 & STRIP(0).gain =-10 for BUS A2
if you select BUS A1 and BUS A2 it will show you STRIP(0).gain = -10
iurirolho

Post by iurirolho »

if i set a select button on a fader then move the master one the other one on sel resets is that normal like this set fader to -10 then select fader to minus -15 for example then move fader to -20 select fader now is the same
iurirolho

Post by iurirolho »

vidieo example of what i mean https://youtu.be/Rz57NKUZs50 thats what i mean
iurirolho

Post by iurirolho »

anyhow its been a while but i still notice the problem is that intended or a bug, i don't have any clue if its intended or not maybe you could clarify, for short I want to adjust a fader on select but I can't seem to have it stay at the value after moving the fader again but the select button being toggled off, so for short summarizing, this is what am trying to do but I can't for some reason, am trying to move a fader to x point as in location in select while "select" is on, then move the main fader to desired value, but then set fader value becomes the same as the main fader, so maybe can you enlighten me if its intended or not?
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

iurirolho wrote:vidieo example of what i mean https://youtu.be/Rz57NKUZs50 thats what i mean
This is normal!

1- when you select a single BUS, you get the strip level related to this bus.
2- when you select 2 BUSSES, you get the Max strip level related to these 2 busses.
3- when you unselect BUS (no BUS Selected = all BUS selected) then you get the strip level related to all busses and the current strip level displays the max level of all busses.

in other words, the Strip level display is pending on your BUS selection and the logic is that it displays the MAX level of the BUS selection.
iurirolho

Post by iurirolho »

so from what i gathered in here is there anyway to independently adjust faders without one changing another as you said,my goal is independent fader on select that stays on the same option once i move the fader without select or that is not possible at all, is there any way to achieve this, sorry but i have issue sometimes understanding this and am having some problems figuring out if the above if possible at all, since you said the main changes all even if set button adjusted only one and the main fader all of them, sorry if i fail to understand what you say;

edit rearranged the post so it is more clear to read
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

iurirolho wrote:so from what i gathered in here is there anyway to independently adjust faders without one changing another as you said
you can set strip gain for each bus independently.
i'm afraid you are confusing between what is displayed and what is really set.
iurirolho

Post by iurirolho »

thanks anyway I must probably be confused or was at least, there are some features I might have confused so that's normal since I sometimes struggle with things
iurirolho

Post by iurirolho »

well today i tried something in order to test, I will post a vid here, is this the intended behavior in the select button and is the audio on out bus the max as well or end value https://youtu.be/tkz-PY6J178, so for short is the thing in vid intended i tried moving the master fader up and down and expected values to stay maybe they stay but render is changed, can you clarify me, sorry if i still don't properly understand