How to use the FX sends in Potato

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
BockTown

How to use the FX sends in Potato

Post by BockTown »

I have installed the Cantabile software for hosting VST plugins.

I've managed to use the inserts to put a microphone input through the effects on the input.

But I would like to use the VSTS host as a shared external FX send, however I cannot figure out how to route my effects send into the VST host, and I cannot seem to find any documentation describing it.

My hardware is a couple of USB mics. None of them have their own ASIO drivers, so I've installed the ASIO4All.

Can anyone describe how to route external FX into Cantabile (or similar), and return the processed signal to Voicemeeter?
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: How to use the FX sends in Potato

Post by Vincent Burel »

you might connect your VST Host to Voicemeeter virtual INSERT ASIO Driver (there is one for Banana and one for Potato).
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... oicemeeter
BockTown

Post by BockTown »

Yes, I've managed to get that working, using the inserts. But I would like to use the "External FX" send to send multiple input channels out to the same VST input, so I can have one chain returning to combined processed signal

This image shows the feature I mean:
https://pasteboard.co/I9eLOIy.png

Do I still select the "Insert asio" driver? Or do I need to change some settings in the Potato software to route the External FX sends to an asio channel?

I've tried selecting everything I could think of, but have not managed to get a signal out to my VST host that way.
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

External FX is to send audio to a physical output (of an ASIO device offering many I/O).