Needs some help with Potato

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
xGrumpsterx

Needs some help with Potato

Post by xGrumpsterx »

Ok, so I've been reading, watching videos and I'm still a little stumped. I've purchased Voicemeeter Potato, as well as the Audio Cable A & B, so I essentially have 5 hardware input selections and the respective audio cables.

Now, if someone can tell me what I am wanting to do is NOT even possible, then I will quit attempting it and go with a different strategy, but somehow I think it is.

I have the following components that I want to incorporate into Potato.

Blue Yeti Nano USB Microphone hooked to my PC
Xbox One X gaming console
Astro A40 Headphones with Mixamp TR
StreamDeck
Elgato HD 60 PRO installed in my PC
Discord
Spotify
Streamlabs OBS (SLOBS)
Speaker system hooked to my PC

I'd like to be able to do several things

1) Have my Mic routed through Voicemeeter
2) Have Discord routed through Voicemeeter so that I can use the voice channels with my headset
3) Have Spotify routed through Voicemeeter so that I can either listen with my headphones, through my stream or through my speakers
4) Have my Party Chat on Xbox routed through Voicemeeter using the MixAmp TR so that my party chat can be muted if necessary as well as have Discord voice into my Stream if I wanted
5) I'd also like to be able to watch other streams on twitch through my speakers or headphones

I've been able to get my Mic successfully routed through Voicemeeter

Where I end up with an issue is the items 2, 3, 4 & 5.

Anyone willing to give me some advice on this? If I can successfully get it to work, then I would be changing my donation for Voicemeeter Potato from occasional use to use it every day. I'd just like to get this to work.

Is what I am trying to do even possible? I may need to uninstall and reinstall my voicemeeter and audio cables since it seems like 1 of the audio cables isn't showing up correctly in the list of devices.

Thanks in advance!
W01Fi3

Re: Needs some help with Potato

Post by W01Fi3 »

If I understand the question correctly, you could probably do it, as long as you have enough strips.

If you're using windows 10, you can go to:
Settings > System > Sound > Advanced Sound Options > App volume and device preferences

In here, you can route the input and output devices to certain recording and playback devices respectively.
Some apps, however (eg. Discord), already have a setting to choose the playback/recording devices without doing this windows shinanigans

I have it setup so Virtual Track 1 is setup for spotify, there I can route it to my headphones or speakers if I wanted.

Note: Some apps (eg. Spotify) do have issues with being routed to virtual playback devices, but I found out that if it stops working, a fix is to route it back to a standard playback device (like your headphones) and back to the virtual device.

Hope this helps.