Asio4all increasing delay over time?

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
therealdadbeard

Asio4all increasing delay over time?

Post by therealdadbeard »

Hy,

so I looked over the web if anyone had the same issue and if it's voicemeeter or asio4all but here it is.

Using Asio4all to ouput to one device and patching Asio input to strips makes the input (mic) delay bigger over time. There is no real Asio4all forum so I'm asking here if anyone has any idea what's causing this.

Thanks!
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: Asio4all increasing delay over time?

Post by Vincent Burel »

it's normal because it's another intermediate between voicemeeter and audio device. You may connect Voicemeeter to your device directly.
therealdadbeard

Post by therealdadbeard »

Yeah changed my setup completely. Now using my Soundblaster Z with it's ASIO and a mixer connected to the line in which I'm patching to one of the hardware inputs.

But then sending it into B1 makes it sounds a little bit muffled? Idk, when sending it directly to my headphones via A1 it sounds really good and clear. Everything is set to 48khz.

Any ideas?

Edit: Another thing is using ASIO on the Z it blocks me from using it's line in when I start Voicemeeter before OBS.

Edit2: Hmm this seems to be an Windows audio issue or something? Even recording via Audacity it's a little bit muffled :/

Edit3: Workaround for me is using ASIO in OBS. Why is Windows fiddling so much on the audio stuff? When you start using better headphones and stuff you start to notice the decline in sound quality it's absurd.
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

therealdadbeard wrote:But then sending it into B1 makes it sounds a little bit muffled? Idk, when sending it directly to my headphones via A1 it sounds really good and clear. Everything is set to 48khz.
check the voicemeeter ouput (recording device) default format in Windows Sound Dialog box , it could have been set to 8000Hz (october WIN10 update bug)
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=644