7.1 upmix question related to sound and splitting

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
iurirolho

7.1 upmix question related to sound and splitting

Post by iurirolho »

i recently used the virtual position while doing a loopback thing into the 2nd virtual one and found that 7.1 upmix splits audio things into channels, can you please clarify me or point me towards any docs on what goes where if you can that is i wanted to figure what the up mix does and when
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: 7.1 upmix question related to sound and splitting

Post by Vincent Burel »

BUS mode are explained in user manual page 19:
https://www.vb-audio.com/Voicemeeter/Vo ... Manual.pdf
VoicemeeterBananaBUSModeExtension.gif
VoicemeeterBananaBUSModeExtension.gif (24.16 KiB) Viewed 5106 times
iurirolho

Post by iurirolho »

ok i know that but why some sounds are added to the last 4 channels and others only ive analized with some sound tests that certain sounds or waveleights go on it more than others for example i often hear chords or guitars in last 4 care to tell me why some sounds go there or what sounds when upmixed might land on the 4 other ones besides the other, edit: i also often hear choruses from voice as well on it
iurirolho

Post by iurirolho »

there reason i want the info is to figure what sounds will go where and how, so far i found some sounds i hear a good diference when i combine it with a app i been using that i used before(used to crash but now seems stable so far) and i wanted have a better sence of what things go in the 4 last channels and why i know on the pic shows that but idk yet 100% what frequiencies of sound are landed on last 4 along with the 4 other ones, if you can clarify i will will be good otherwise i will start making tests on my own