Recent Audio issues (split sound method)

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
quadrotony

Recent Audio issues (split sound method)

Post by quadrotony »

Hey guys im seeking for help here

I used Voice Meeter just fine last week or two, im new user. But yesterday i face the issue and cannot fix it.

First, in Voice Meeter i only set one option - set up Hardware Out A1 device (along with autostart with windows and remap volume buttons, but that irrelevant to the issue i think)
I did it to stream the game with OBS using one device and at the same time hear the game sound in my main device.

1) game and OBS settings used Voice Meeter Input device, its because i need ONLY game sound on the stream
2) Voice meeter was NOT default device.
3) in voice meeter i set HW Out A1 to my default audio device, where i also can hear everything from my PC
4) so this way game sound splitting to two devices

and its worked just fine until yesterday
DUNNO why, but now when i tried to set in Voice Meeter A1 to my default device, audio system crashed (no sound, errors in Voice Meeter or if im watching youtube at this time - video will stop with error "Audio system crashed please reboot your PC")

so ANYtime when default windows 10 audio device will equal to Hardware Out A1/A2 settings in voice meeter = crash 100% of the time
P.S. to fix this i dont need a reboot, just change A1/2 device to anything but not the same as default windows device. But in this case i cant split my game sound.

1) i didnt install any new soft
2) last update of windows 10 was 4 days ago according to log, but crashes started from yesterday
3) and most weird, look what i tried so far without success:

- complete reinstall of Voice meeter (with reboots)
- tried all my audio devices = same issue, and i have 4 - two monitors with speakers, one sound card, and one USB earphones with mic
- installed audio drivers for motherboard from official site (realtek ones)
- tried only with youtube too, its not about game
- tried with 3 different PCs, and on every of them i have various Windows 10 versions, two 1903 with different sub-versions, and one 1511
- other two PC have same issue, and windows updates was disabled on them, thats why i think its now windows issue....
- i also tried CheVolume soft to do almost the same - transfer game sound from game to another device (this must split it), also doesnt work....
- last thing, my friends using same method with VoiceMeeter and all works fine for them, same way like it works for me prior this 2 days....

will add screenshots with errors
quadrotony

Re: Recent Audio issues (split sound method)

Post by quadrotony »

okay i installed VoiceMeeter again

tried one device, and instead of 3 errors with 3 different codecs, i got 2 - WDM and KS didnt work, but for some reason MME works fine now
i will just pray it will stay the same, but its really magic
1/3 codecs working at least, prior this hour it was 0/3...

errors with first two codecs(mby its not codecs sorry for my profanity)

Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

what is the device you are trying to use ?
maybe you could contact their support as well... they could try and see what's happening on their side...
quadrotony

Post by quadrotony »

Hey Vincent
its rog strix fusion 300 on the screenshots
may be you right
because after last reinstall only this device refusing to work correctly