Voicemeeter Banana fail after Wind 10 Oct2019 cumulative update

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
cinnkid

Voicemeeter Banana fail after Wind 10 Oct2019 cumulative update

Post by cinnkid »

Problem after Win 10 oct update Voicemeeter and cables VBaudio A+B do not work.

Hi, I been using VM Banana with Radio DJ since early 2017 or about 2 1/2 years.
Last year during the Oct/Nov 1903 cumulative Update I had issues then again in Dec2018/Jan 2019 the re-rollout of 1903 ruined my setup rewriting drivers, driver names, rerouting A & B. I finally in April 2019 had to reinstall win10 Pro, at least 8 times and finally Windows updated once again fixing whatever problem that was causing random failure that had become so bad my setup was unstable to use.

A few days ago 11/18/2019 (2019-KB4524100 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 1903)
hit my system. Some of the damage:

• change desktop image and setting blur in policy
• combined with Chrome update wiped out my bookmarks and Chrome install, forcing me to reinstall chrome.
• wiped out Voicemeeter inputs/outputs, and changed input/output settings in Radio DJ.
• wiped out previous restore points, leaving only the date of the update.

Actions taken so far:
• after uninstall driver A+B, VBcable, Voicemeeter (double checking removed from device Manager) only VAIO worked
• attempted to restore to the remaining restore point date of update. No Joy here again uninstall-reinstall VM+VB Cables and A+B cables.
• discovered there was oct 2019 Voicemeeter Banana so installed. Still no joy
• un-install re-install all VB cables and voicemeeter multiple times.

Problem: only cable working is the VM VAIO, I can use it in RDJ it works or just as input for all apps to speakers.
cables VB-audio+AnB do not work.

I use 2 cables in radio DJ, one is playback to encoder (RDJ playback > VMbanana > encoder > internet)
RDJ playback > VM Banana is Cable A, RDJ Monitoring Cue is Cable VB-audio, VMbanana > encoder Cable B.
(image shows playback Cable A showing Green Meter in RadioDJ, same for monitoring cue VB-audio cable working in RDJ,
VM Banana does not receive the music or not showing in VMB.
Hopefully there is simple fix, instead of re-install windows 10?
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: Voicemeeter Banana fail after Wind 10 Oct2019 cumulative update

Post by Vincent Burel »

thanks for your report, please check all audio windows audio settings regarding Voicemeter virtual input our output
- volume and mute state
- default format
- privacy settings regarding microphone
- Sound/ communication option
cinnkid

Post by cinnkid »

Hi Again, FIXED, it was the Mic privacy settings in Win 10 .

Now I feel really bad for raising alarm, I knew you had posted about the privacy setting in the original win 10 update thread guide.
But very happy issue solved.

I want to say I think Voicemeeter Banana and the digital cables are FANTASTIC, especially to someone like me on a meager budget to play around with online broadcasting. THANK YOU SO MUCH for your Amazing Software, and making it donationware!

It would be nice if Windows allowed us to lock our drivers, and ask for permission when updates try to change them or alter our settings.
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

i pointed this topic to some Microsoft guys... maybe they will understand the different problems users have to cope to after a WIN10 update...