Audio Only Works After Refreshing in Windows App Volume

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
JlTTER

Audio Only Works After Refreshing in Windows App Volume

Post by JlTTER »

Forgive my poor title, I wasn't sure how to concisely and adequately describe the issue I am having. I think the issue probably isn't Voicemeeter Potato or Virtual Audio Cable's fault, but didn't know where else to post since they are both heavily involved in my issue.

I am attempting to start streaming and recording on Twitch and Youtube respectively. I have my audio tracks all set up properly so that when I record, I can split the audio for easier editing and more control over streaming. Generally I have no issues, except for one. I set my League of Legends to Audio Cable A so that when I record, LoL comes specifically through that cable and I mute my desktop noises, same with stream, it works great. The issue is that every single time I get into a game of LoL, the audio will still play but it will come through the default audio track which obviously is also my desktop audio, even though the input and output are still set to Audio Cable A. As soon as I refresh it (switching it from A to something random, doesn't matter what it is, and then back to A) it works again. I guess I will record a very short video so you can get a better visual representation of my issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbRfwvS ... e=youtu.be
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: Audio Only Works After Refreshing in Windows App Volume

Post by Vincent Burel »

well, as we recently talked about on our social network, best audio config for game is to keep them on default playback device (set to Voicemeeter virtual input). and route other application to other Voicemeeter virtual input or VB-CABLE... but for game, it seems to be more reliable if they use the Windows Default playback device.
BestGameSoundInVoicemeeter.jpg
BestGameSoundInVoicemeeter.jpg (383.43 KiB) Viewed 5083 times