Realtek

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
Abnormaalz

Realtek

Post by Abnormaalz »

Just downloaded VM Banana and I've run into an issue. I use Realtek driver and I've got it set up that my rear output goes to my amplifier and my speakers and the front output goes to my earphones. Whenever I output my default audio device to my earphones, for some reason the microphone picks this up, and thus what is supposed to go to my earphones comes back on the microphone line too. And no, this isn't echo, because the sound is really mute in real life and pretty loud when I record it and play it back.

I've attached a link to a photo of my situation. I tried using different earphones, I've tried using headphones (which don't require a splitter, in case that would've been the culprit) but all yields the same result. What do now?
https://prnt.sc/qpwtst
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: Realtek

Post by Vincent Burel »

according your picture:
1- you MIC is going nowhere (i mean you cannot hear or record your MIC) because assigned to no bus.
2- your 2 virtual input are routed to BUS A2 = Realtek 2nd output.
3- Nothing is routed to yoru main speakers (A1).

is it what you wanted ?
Abnormaalz

Post by Abnormaalz »

Indeed, my mic is routed nowhere. I just have the VoiceMeeter Recorder listen to it. My virtual inputs are both routed to A2, my earphones, which are plugged in on the front of my PC in the green port. My earphones have a mic in it, which I put in the pink port, using a splitter. However, anything I play on A2, the green port in the front, somehow gets picked up by the pink port.
newbieTrying34

Post by newbieTrying34 »

Until a fix is found use this:
1. Switch system output to speakers (via the volume icon or Sound Control)
2. Restart Voicemeeter or simply restart the Audio Engine. System audio will no longer be fedback to mic input
3. Switch to any of the Voicemeeter Inputs - VAIO/AUX VAIO/VAIO3 and enjoy

Sadly needs to be done every time you restart your PC.

I have just made a post regarding the issue to get the devs informed:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1038&p=3502&sid=4ed ... d8ef#p3502

Also you have a Realtek mobo sound card right?
D10wrangler

Post by D10wrangler »

If you only want to use voicemeeter in windows then you could try disabling Realtek in the Sound section of Control Panel. You can then set voicemeeter to start at wndows startup.
newbieTrying34

Post by newbieTrying34 »

D10wrangler wrote:If you only want to use voicemeeter in windows then you could try disabling Realtek in the Sound section of Control Panel. You can then set voicemeeter to start at wndows startup.
But then... where would Voicemeeter output the audio. Need speakers as ouput, Realtek card handles output (as on most mobos) for rear and front panel.
D10wrangler

Post by D10wrangler »

I guess that won't work for you then. I have a usb Dac so it worked for me...