HELP!!! Trying to use Voicemeeter and Mixcraft with ASIO

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
RobBoss

Re: HELP!!! Trying to use Voicemeeter and Mixcraft with ASIO

Post by RobBoss »

Ok, it is the red slider of the track to adjust the input recording sensitivity in Mixcraft that we are talking about.
I thought the mixer slider for monitoring level was meant.
My misconception here.

The red slider of the track to adjust the input recording sensitivity in Mixcraft only works for direct input from standard audio devices (e.g. Realtek HD input or microphone).

Even it is there when you arm the track for most other inputs (like virtual cables or the VAIOs in Wave/RT mode) you can move that slider but it has no function (it does not change the recording level)!
Disappearing of this slider for all ASIO inputs is normal and that is the way it should be.

The existence of this slider in Mixcraft is very unique.
There are good reasons that most professional DAWs do not have such sliders to avoid distorted input signals.
Using negative ratios for the red slider could lower a signal that was already clipping, but it looks ok in track and mixer meters based on the negative gain.
So, normally you should adjust the input level for a recording source on the analog side before the A/D transfer by analog(!) applied gain.

So in our special usage scenario Voicemeeter is the place to adjust the individual recording levels of our Composite hardware input channels configuration.
If we (I am talking especially about myself) finally have succeeded to discover the post-fader switch for PATCH COMPOSITE - :lol:.
sopsax wrote:Something I don't understand: when in ASIO mode and Virtual ASIO Aux is selected, my Misxcraft default input is VM-VIAO 1/2. My default output is the same thing- VM-VIAO 1/2. How is that possible? I mean it works and I can hear, but why isn't my output Voicemeeter VIAO Aux, because that is the strip I see getting the signal?
The names of the drivers (busses) are:

Voicemeeter Virtual ASIO
= Voicemeeter VAIO -> B1

Voicemeeter Aux Virtual ASIO
= Voicemeeter Aux (VAIO) -> B2

So VAIO is an acronym for
Virtual Audio Input Output

VM-VAIO 1 to VM-VAIO 8
are not the names of the drivers or busses!
Or do we have 8 virtual ASIO drivers?

No, we have 2 (plus 1 Insert driver) for Banana.
Or 3 (plus 1 Insert driver) for Potato.

VM-VAIO 1 to VM-VAIO 8
are the names for the 8 channels of every virtual bus/driver.
These names are the same for all three Voicemeeter drivers/busses (Voicemeeter VAIO, Voicemeeter Aux VAIO and VAIO3).

VM-VAIO 1 = channel 1
VM-VAIO 2 = channel 2
VM-VAIO 3 = channel 3
VM-VAIO 4 = channel 4
VM-VAIO 5 = channel 5
VM-VAIO 6 = channel 6
VM-VAIO 7 = channel 7
VM-VAIO 8 = channel 8

VM-VAIO 1/2 = stereo channel 1
VM-VAIO 3/4 = stereo channel 2
VM-VAIO 5/6 = stereo channel 3
VM-VAIO 7/8 = stereo channel 4