Can't choose ASIO as a hardware out - M-Audio MTrack 2x2 (windows 10)

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
sparkyidr

Can't choose ASIO as a hardware out - M-Audio MTrack 2x2 (windows 10)

Postby sparkyidr » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:30 am

Hi there.

I've been using Voicemeter (Banana) as a way to work collaboratively over the web, using Cubase and skype/google hangouts.
But I have run into a slight issue (not a massive one, but would just like to check I am not missing anything obvious)

I have HW input 1 set to the line in for my mic, and I route that to B1
I have VAIO1 (Voicemeter VAIO) as my main pc sound for applications I set to output to it (so Cubase, media player, chrome etc) and have that routed to A1 and B1
I have VAIO2 (Voicemeter Aux) set to be the skypr of hangout autput, routed to A2.
So basically, I hear A1 and A2, and the person at the other end, just hears B1 (A mix of my pc sound and my mic)

When I go to set the outputs for A1 and A2 though, If I select "ASIO : MAUDIO Mtrack 2X2) << i.e. my devices main asio driver...I get no output.
I have to select KS, or WDM drivers for those outputs to make it work.

So it works fine, but I'm wondering if I am getting the best performance (cubase latency, asio performance etc) by not being able to chose the maudio's asio driver as an output.......or does it not really matter?

have attached a screenshot of my current mixer frontend if my writing above doesn't make sense.

Cheers

Mark.
Attachments
MyVM-audio-settings.jpg
A shot of my current mixer
MyVM-audio-settings.jpg (193.74 KiB) Viewed 139 times

Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: Can't choose ASIO as a hardware out - M-Audio MTrack 2x2 (windows 10)

Postby Vincent Burel » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:58 am

should be better to select the M-Audio ASIO driver as output A1 device (and use ASIO patch to dispatch ASIO channel in Voicemeter)

it does not appear in the list ? maybe the 32bit ASIO interface is not installed ?

sparkyidr

Re: Can't choose ASIO as a hardware out - M-Audio MTrack 2x2 (windows 10)

Postby sparkyidr » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:29 am

I can select it.....it's just that when I do, I get no audio.
I know the driver is working, as when I don't use voicemeter, and just select the m-audio as an output (in my DAW or Windows for example), it works fine.

I just get silence if I select it in voicemeter as a hardware output.

I'm also running the latest driver for it (1.0.12)

:(

Return to “Voicemeeter”