Input and Output

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
lonbluster

Input and Output

Post by lonbluster »

https://forum.vb-audio.com/viewtopic.ph ... 4e98#p5512
No differently than the post above, I still get the Input 2(KS driver) and 3(WDM) disconnected now and then, especially after some inactivity. Using autorestart Engine does not help. Manually restarting the VM engine works though!

Also I have trouble using multiple Outputs in Ableton, how do I map Output 2 to Ableton 3-4 output?
I tried playing with the matrix 8 but couldn t find how to map left-right of the Output 2 to Ableton Voicemeter Virtual ASIO to Ableton 3-4 output.

There are 4 double Outputs in Virtual ASIO appearing in Ableton, what do the map to ?

vbanana.jpg
vbanana.jpg (177.81 KiB) Viewed 279 times
Natrox

Re: Input and Output

Post by Natrox »

Hello,

I do experience disconnects at points as well - in my case this is either due to a blip in available sound devices changing (e.g. PS4 controller that re-connects) or whenever I cycle my TV power. The only work-around for this as far as I know is to disable sound devices you don't actively use - or if there is a problematic device that disconnects and re-connects randomly, troubleshooting for that specific driver/device.

As for your output mapping - I am not particularly familiar with Ableton so this is the best I can do:
- Select your Ableton device for either A1, A2, or A3.
- Either use Stereo Repeat (below SEL, click the cluster of dots to cycle through it) or use the 8x8 Matrix to map your desired inputs to the correct channels.
- If you need to map multiple outputs (e.g. A1 and A2 at the same time), take a look at my extended version of the 8x8 Matrix:
https://forum.vb-audio.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1503

Let me know if any of this helps, if you cannot solve it, I'd be happy to try and help you directly.
lonbluster

Re: Input and Output

Post by lonbluster »

Thanks for your reply.
I found the Wdm devices disconnect red at every remote desktop connection. Vnc viewer is the workaround.

I use Composite input mapping. Works great.
I will check the multiple output matrix, but how can I achieve the same of Composite for the output interfaces coming to Ableton. What do the outputs 3 to 8 map to? The matrix?