MIDI Mapping with Feedback

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

MIDI Mapping with Feedback

Post by Vincent Burel »

With the Voicemeeter MARCH 2021 version comes new MIDI functions, especially the feedback to update your MIDI controller state when acting on Voicemeeter slider/knobs.

MIDI mapping allows to assign a MIDI Control to a specific parameter of Voicemeter (Slider Gain, Mute button etc...).
When you have learn a MIDI Control, this Control can change the related parameter on Voicemeeter.
But if you change this parameter on Voicemeeter by the mouse for example, your MIDI Controller is not updater/refreshed.

That's why the MIDI mapping implements Feedback functions:

the 'F' button allows activating the Feedback for a specific control.
if you click twice you will activate the double feedback "FF" usefull for MIDI control needing to change their state (like a MUTE button wilth LED for example).
Attachments
MIDIMappingFFExplained.jpg
MIDIMappingFFExplained.jpg (205.03 KiB) Viewed 638 times
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Behring X-Touch Compact

Post by Vincent Burel »

As Nearly perfect MIDI Controller with motorized fader, the Behring X-Touch Compact is very clever.

The 2x Layer A & B allows having finally 2x different Controller Surfaces, since all controls have different MIDI Code on layer B than on Layer A
Then you can use the layer A for input strips control and the layer B for the Master Section of Voicemeeter Potato for example.

The problem is that this controller does not take in account MIDI feedback related to layer A when having selected Layer B and vice versa.
There is 2x MIDI Refresh function in the MIDI Mapping to force the update but the 2x button A/B Layer are not sending any MIDI Code.

Maybe Behringer could update the firmware to change this or that ?
Attachments
XTouchC-large.jpg
XTouchC-large.jpg (72.75 KiB) Viewed 637 times
bassaddict

Re: MIDI Mapping with Feedback

Post by bassaddict »

This is not a very useful reply, but just thought I'd mention that the A/B buttons on my X-touch mini do send control codes (CC9 & CC10). I checked in the editor software while I was fiddling, but didn't see a way to change them.

...I wish the one fader on mine was motorised!