Trouble with WDM Realtek digital output

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
tox

Re: Trouble with WDM Realtek digital output

Postby tox » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:38 am

Yes, that seems to be the current situation.

Latest official post from Microsoft -

Maurits [MSFT] replied on

Microsoft

Thanks to all those who filed problem reports on the Creators Update/Windows 10 1730/15063! We think we know the root cause and we're working on a fix.

And the thread to follow is here

tox

Postby tox » Mon May 01, 2017 2:28 pm

Another Update:

Microsoft have published the fix in the latest fast ring Insider update. I can confirm that DTS Interactive and Dolby Digital Live now work correctly in Windows with this build. Unfortunately the problem that this post is referring to still exists and it goes away once a standard 2 channel stereo format is selected as the default format.

Edit: The problem seems to have disappeared entirely in build 16193 so I don't think there's anything for you to fix after all.

Thanks anyway.

zapoqx

Postby zapoqx » Tue May 30, 2017 4:59 pm

I wanted to update this since I know before the creator's update, I was one of the ones with the issue as well.
I saw (albeit a little late) that a cumulative update was released a couple of days ago. This update had one thing specific:
Addressed issue where, after installing the Creators Update, audio output through external decoders no longer works.

So I installed it today. Now Mind you, I do the method of the hacked realtek drivers so that it works with my decoder box. Upon doing so, I found that 2 things:
  1. I was able to get sound to work in 5.1 over Optical.
  2. I was about to jump for joy thinking that this resolved using WDM.... UNFORTUNATELY, it seems when its on WDM, my box decoder doesn't switch to DDL Format. If I switched to MME, it does switch to DDL format, yet going back to WDM, it switches back to standard. Meanwhile, if I do go through WDM, while my realtek format setting doesn't change, it is playing the 5.1 test sound in Stereo mode to my headset.

Though for me using the hacked drivers, I may end up updating to see if that fixes it (MAYBE) and allow me to use WDM. I'll attempt to keep up-to-date on my findings. So there is progress and back to testing the issues at hand.

zapoqx

Postby zapoqx » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:21 am

Alright, update here... unfortunately no. In fact, I managed to bring it back to where it has been at the start of the issues so WDM gets distortion and the 1056 buffer when in Optical.

CaptaPraelium

Postby CaptaPraelium » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:49 am

Sadly, the same here also, after the recent patches there has been no change.

tox

Postby tox » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:44 am

I can also confirm that the problem still exists.
I've had enough of insider builds now so back to the release build for me, at least until Microsoft break it again.

CaptaPraelium

Postby CaptaPraelium » Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:56 am

Just tested on fall creator's update, no joy :(

Return to “Voicemeeter”