Vincent Burel wrote:the problem seems to concern only this Realtek Optical output in multichannel mode and WDM interface...
we simply have to reproduce the problem here to correct it...
what is connected to your optical link : an AV-amplifier ?
Let me first say that I cannot vouch this for everyone elses setup to be the cause.
I know that normally, you need the link connected between the optical output and the receiver. In my case, I have a decoder box that hooks to my headset that has the drivers. They normally suggest if it can't receive the signal, to just hook into a receiver. For my setup, that is not the case. So What I did is I enabled a Realtek side-hack that force enables Dolby Digital Live (Box is supported for it) without requiring it connected to a receiver that it can detect can do it. From there, Its up to the box to decode it.
The box decodes it properly as I have tested several different ways to verify if this is true and compares properly with one method I tested that forces the sound to output without using a workaround. As I have no way to test outside of this box at this time, there is no other way I can verify except through a console with something that can send full signals out (which I don't know off the top of my head) and the light has to come on to be shown that it is enabled.
So with that, as I said, WDM via analog connection works. So I know its not technically an audio issue per say. Testing with Stereo only via the Optical, its fine. So Signal is working proper. The only other thing I can think of is that it has to do with something that Windows processes and is not allowing if its not something the Voicemeeter drivers can parse, but why it would make my CPU work in overtime leads me to believe its something in relation to the link between the signal and the driver output via WDM when it works fine in MME. I would prefer the WDM though for the lesser latency.