Midimix board buttons not lighting up

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
timmus

Midimix board buttons not lighting up

Postby timmus » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:52 am

I am evaluating VoiceMeeter Banana 2.0.3.0 and got an Akai Midimix. I have successfully mapped it so that the buttons and sliders work, using the Menu > Midi Mapping dialog.

However my big problem is I can't figure out how to get the mute button to light up whenever it is activated or deactivated. This means I have to spend time looking at the-onscreen VoiceMeeter display to make sure the channel was muted. According to this thread the protocol is very simple for all the button-driven lights:

* To turn the light ON you feedback the message sent when button pushed with the last two bytes $7F (ON)

* To turn the light OFF you feedback the message sent when button pushed with the last 2 bytes $00 (OFF)

It seems this would be fairly simple to implement in VoiceMeeter.

On an unrelated note, it would help I could assign functionality to the Rec Arm buttons so I could script my computer to play sound clips or trigger the slider to a certain position (like 0 dB).

Tim

Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: Midimix board buttons not lighting up

Postby Vincent Burel » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:50 am

As you can see , MIDI mapping works in a single way, that's why you select a MIDI input device only.

we have already noted this request to make a MIDI feedback process... to possibly highlight button and position faders...

but it requires
- To manage a MIDI output device to send MIDI code
- To modify the current midi dialog box to let the user define or confirm the MIDI code (or MIDI formula) to send to the device
- To Synchronize Voicemeeter GUI with the MIDI Device (update MIDI remote when moving control on Voicemeeter).
(will think about...)

I don't understand your question about Rec Arm buttons (in Recording Option Dialog Box ?)

KaratePyjamas

Postby KaratePyjamas » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:42 am

Bumping this because I came across this video and I have some questions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgtxSzCCq3g

It shows you using a hotkey to light things up, adding the code for the note on. First of all, can custom hotkeys be controlled via Midi instead of a keyboard button press? Second, would it be possible to loop the midi-out command in that same hotkey?

I'm looking to buying a Korg Nanokontrol 2 USB midi controller.

What I would want to happen for example is to mute A2 on strip 4 via a button on a the Nanokontrol, I then also want the light of that button to change from on to off too. Would it be possible to create a macro that inputs this midi button, changes the state of A2 on strip 4 and also change the state of the light of that button?

Shark-2

Postby Shark-2 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:50 am

I think this Link will help you ;)
You Need to scroll down a bit, because someone else there made a script to prevent Focus loss of the foreground app.

This was my solution with an Midi Controller (i used one called "Midimix").

Return to “Voicemeeter”