Voicemeeter or Audio problem after WIN10 update

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Voicemeeter or Audio problem after WIN10 update

Postby Vincent Burel » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:19 am

In some cases, WIN10 update can bring some problems and disturb our audio driver installation.
After each WIN10 update, we recommend to check your windows audio configuration: what is your default playback device and what is your default recording device (and communication too if needed).

After WIN10 update, if you get problem in the sound (stability problem) or you get strange behavior with audio application (bad audio, frozen app), we recommend to re-install Voicemeeter and our Virtual Cable by the following steps:

1- DeInstall Voicemeeter and REBOOT.
2- DeInstall VB-CABLE and REBOOT.
3- Check your windows audio for some time (that youtube works, your game works, audacity works etc...)
4- ReInstall VB-CABLE and REBOOT
5- ReInstall Voicemeeter and REBOOT.
6- go in Windows Control panel / Sound Dialog box to set your default playback device and default recording device.

ReStart Voicemeeter.

zapoqx

Re: Voicemeeter problem after WIN10 update

Postby zapoqx » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:41 am

Thanks for the heads up. I am probably gonna reinstall it anyways right now as the icons are completely changed over after the update. Also, not sure if its my sound drivers or what, but my mic that I recently got is now overly sensitive, even with using the realtek noise suppression.

Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: Voicemeeter problem after WIN10 update

Postby Vincent Burel » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:59 am

yes, if our icons have been replaced by generic icons, it means a process has re-installed our driver without using our procedure.
And this also can bring problems, so it's better to re-install Voicemeeter and VB-CABLE in this particular case.

LoneStar

Re: Voicemeeter or Audio problem after WIN10 update

Postby LoneStar » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:46 am

I needed to do a clean reinstall of Windows 10 which included an update to Build 15063 (Creator's Update). The Macro Buttons no longer respond with this new install. I do not know if it is a Windows problem or I have the button coding wrong.

This is one of my macro button instructions...

Command.Load="D:\Game Stuff\VoiceMeeter\VoiceMeeter Banana\VoiceMeeter Banana Profiles\1-ONLINE-HEADSET ONLY-BoS-TS3-ShadowPlay.xml";

The above was working button instructions a copied and saved to notepad prior to reinstalling Windows. The macro buttons were working with Windows 10 Anniversary Update.

Is there something I need to change to get the Macro Buttons working again?

Thank You,

Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Postby Vincent Burel » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:26 am

you can test macro button with a simple function like
strip(0).mute=1
strip(0).mute=1
to see if it works generally speaking...
and check your disk/file path (if wrong, it will do nothing).

LoneStar

Postby LoneStar » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:55 pm

Pasted the functions...

strip(0).mute=1
strip(0).mute=1

into the "Request for Initial State" box. When I select the button or enter the assigned hotkey, the button flashed and nothing occurs...audio not muted.

Rechecked the disk/file path. It is correct. Below is the disk/path that I copied with Shift+copy "Copy as Path".

"D:\Game Stuff\VoiceMeeter\VoiceMeeter Banana\VoiceMeeter Banana Profiles\1-ONLINE-HEADSET ONLY-BoS-TS3-ShadowPlay.xml"

Thank You

Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Postby Vincent Burel » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:23 pm

well, the first goal is to check that MAcroButtons app works
so make a regular test:

REQUEST for button ON: strip(0).mute=1
REQUEST for button OFF: strip(0).mute=0

which version are you using ?

LoneStar

Postby LoneStar » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:02 pm

No need to go any further. The problem did involve VoiceMeeter or Windows 10. It was me. I pasted the functions in the wrong box. I pasted the functions in the "Request for Initial State:" box. The correct box should be "Request for Button ON / Trigger IN:" box.

Sorry I had to bother you with my dumb mistake.

Thank You,

Return to “Voicemeeter”