When I saw this post I was more than inspired to discuss my findings and to get a second opinion about what I should do about my dilemma.
The dilemma that I am facing is an ever increasing push loss within both my VoiceMeeter VAIO & AUX VAIO. This would only happen when my A1 output is my Focusrite USB ASIO, WDM, KS, & MME. No matter what buffer I would use it would only delay the sound cracks that I would inevitably hear during playback of programs and playback of my own recordings. Lowering the buffer closer to zero would only increase the occasional frequency of these cracks. This is extremely similar to what is observed in the link above.
I have also tried all manners of different sample rates & bit resolutions and it doesn't make a difference. The crackling still persisted according to the size of the buffer that I have chosen. I have even chosen buffers like 1024 & 2048 on ASIO, WDM, & MME and it still brought me no solution.
My final experiment is what really convinced me that these Focusrite Drivers are trash and that experiment was my Audio Pain Train that I did to my computer. I did the following:
- 1. Record on a piece of paper the current AUX VAIO push loss and buffers using the AUX VAIO control panel, the push loss being at 14148 and the buffers being at 1.4 million.
2. Attached only my headphones directly to my computer's speaker and microphone audio jack on the motherboard's back port panel.
3. Make my Realtek Speakers my A1 output, set it to MME, & at 480 smp, 48000hz, & 24 bit res. (WDM doesn't work on any Realtek Device probably because of this reason: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=417)
4. Make the AUX VAIO my default device just to test its stability.
5. Have the AUX output to A1 output device.
6. Open up 15 tabs of various Youtube videos playing on loop at Max Volume for Maximum Input Levels.
7. Open up 4 24/7 Twitch Stream Channels at Max Volume for Maximum Input Levels and Heavy Stress on my CPU.
8. Having Ulletical's CSGO Benchmark Custom Map run 24/7 using in game scripts that I have made while having the game on Max Volume for Maximum Input Levels & even MORE Stress on my CPU.
9. Having step 5 through 7 run for approximately over 3 days of run time.
10. Finally, record and observe the push loss from the AUX VAIO Control Panel.
So after my totally scientific, but probably flawed testings of the Focusrite USB ASIO Driver I have discovered that no matter what I do with it, it will fail in conjunction with any VoiceMeeter product to some discrepancy. To me this is absolutely unacceptable in terms of what I record. Any cracking audio is a HUGE waste of time because for the cracking to never be there in the first place is what I want from a $100 Audio Interface.
Which leads into my next question which is honestly probably out of the scope of this forum, but I'll wing it.
What other Audio Interfaces for $100 to $200 do you guys recommend. I can't deal with these trash drivers.
I was looking at the M-Audio M-Track 2x2 because of the same price as the Scarlett Solo, but I need a second opinion about the drivers function and reliability.
Honestly, any recommendations of good Audio Interfaces & their Drivers are extremely helpful.