Voicemeter Potato Hangs (Hung Process Won't Let Me End It W/O Restart_

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
Bennett_TL

Voicemeter Potato Hangs (Hung Process Won't Let Me End It W/O Restart_

Postby Bennett_TL » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:39 pm

I've been dealing with this issue for several months now, and just recently found a previous thread that discusses a possible solution and that there's an underlying issue with MME and not using default settings I believe. However, one issue that was not documented in the thread was that the process tied to the application that got hung up refuses to die without restarting (ie using task manager or other means of ending the process). I wouldn't care that much about it if it weren't for the fact that this process is using around 15-18% of my CPU capacity. On top of that, it sometimes won't even let me run a second instance of Voicemeter when this happens. In task manager, it says the operation could not be completed, and in another process manager, it says that voicemeter potato has already started it's closing process or something like that and denies it because it's supposedly in the process of exiting the application, though it never does.

**Edit 1 10/10/2019**
Turned WDM Input Exclusive Mode off as per the other thread (see: https://forum.vb-audio.com/viewtopic.php?t=482)
Everything else is already at default settings

Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: Voicemeter Potato Hangs (Hung Process Won't Let Me End It W/O Restart_

Postby Vincent Burel » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:46 pm

don't understand your problem, but there is no way to run a second instance of Voicemeeter.

Return to “Voicemeeter”