I have a MOTU M4 which exposes its XLR's as "In 1-2 (MOTU M Series)" - I am using 2 unmatched mics and want to tune them differently for two purposes. So I want this stereo input to be separated into 2 mono inputs.
I had worked around this using VBAN, but that utilizes one of my voicemeeter outs and 1 more input than I would like.
Looking around in the System settings I found "PATCH ASIO Inputs to Strips" and I was able to take back the out and extra input because my MOTU is my ASIO output (A1).
The M4 has 8 tracks coming in, which are 1-2 (XLR mic), 3-4 (line), 5-6 (Loopback), and 7-8 (Loopback Mixed with the Monitor if I'm not mistaken).
IN 1 receives 1,1
IN 2 receives 2,2
If I was not using an ASIO device I would need to do the following:
* Assign "In 1-2 (MOTU)" to IN 5
* Put IN 5 on the A5 bus
* Use VBAN to send A5 -> IN 1 and IN 2
* Use intellipan on IN 1 (left 100%) and IN 2 (right 100%)
* Send IN 1 and IN 2 to the outs I wanted (A4 to a VB-cable which goes to my Discord / Skype call, and B3 which goes to my OBS for recording)
* Unfortunately the outs I used need to be forced to mono in this case. (Not needed with the ASIO mapping!)
The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests