Recently, I started to use ASIO Insert feature of Voicemeeter. It is much more flexible and I like it a lot. However, I also discovered a very strange behavior.
My setting is:
- audio interface ASIO buffer size from the device's control panel: 64 samples
- Voicemeeter A1 output : ASIO audio interface
- Voicemeeter ASIO buffer size : default
- Patch inserts for channel in5(Left, Right, and so on) are all turned on.
- Reaper's audio device: Voicemeeter Insert Virtual ASIO Device
- A track on reaper : gets input from IN#5 Left and Right and output is routed to IN#5 Left and Right respectively, hence playing the role of insert patch.
However, when I mute the track or turn off the monitoring, so the insert return is not going anywhere, I can hear very weak noisy sound coming from speaker. The voicemeeter meter shows nothing happening. It's like leaking through.
If I close and run reaper again a couple of times, once in a while everything works fine again. The mute works fine and nothing comes out of A1 output.